Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Beverly LakeBillies

The lake. It's the one place where I don't have to worry if I forgot to bring my makeup. If my hair is a mess (and it usually is at the lake) I don't feel compelled to fix it. If my shorts, my tee shirt and my paint splattered ball cap don't match....who cares. My kids can wear their stained (clean but stained...I can't throw all the rules out the window) tee shirts and shorts that are approaching 'small' and it's still OK! I'm glad we have a place to just 'be' even if we only get there a handful of weekends a year. They are well worth it!!

We were there over the weekend and boy, did we look Beverly Lake Billie-ish.....you see, it was COLD Saturday and I didn't bring very warm clothes for all of us. So, Laurel wore the only socks I could find....purple....pulled up knee high style with her denim capris. Nice, eh?

Thank goodness for the swing set, an extra XBOX console and a few movies because there is nothing worse at the lake than weather that keeps us OFF the lake!
We did get on the lake on Sunday. The water was COLD but obviously that didn't stop us. Of course it does help that we have wetsuits to wear!

And Miss Laurel, well the lake/boat ride has a soothing effect on her.

And she was also coming down with a nasty stomach virus that kept her and my mom home the next day. I think she is finally on the mend and my fingers are crossed NO one else gets it. It lasted longer than any stomach virus we've had in a while.

She finally got how to pump her legs on the swing.....good times!

Think it's cold?

1 comment:

Karen said...

How much fun!!! I wish we had a place like that. What wonderful memories for the kids :)