This past Saturday, a group of our friends...families on our soccer team, invited us to go with them to their church. So we stepped outside our Catholic comfort zone and enjoyed ourselves. How fitting that the new series they just started is entitled 'Finding the job you love'. Although it would ahve been even better for Bill had it been entitled 'Keeping the job you love'!! Interestingly enough, the pastor gave out a crazy statistic....'82% of people who go to work hate their jobs'. Wow, that 's a lot...and Robin, that's so you know I was paying attention! We might try and finish the series out, seeing as we live and breathe job issues these days.
After church, we all went to Dion's for a big sit down and visit dinner. We took up a large chunk of eating space. 7 adults and 13...no 14 children (Catalena was with us for the day). Poor Dion's.....

There are only 3 girls out of the 13...they have to stick together

And this is how the evening ended...a bunch of them hovering around Ben while he played his Nintendo DS....don't know what game it was but they sure all liked it! 
Thank you friends, it was nice to just hang out and enjoy your company.
4 comments:
It was so fun seeing you there. I hope you do come back--it will be interesting to see what Todd has to say for the rest of the series.
Hope the kids enjoyed.
I'm so glad you came and liked it. Dinner was crazy with that many kids! Great pictures as usual!
Oh, the game everyone was so interested in: Nintendogs. I guess vitual puppies are just as fun as real ones.
Cari...I feel so rotten. I just caught up reading about you guys and feel awful I haven't "been around lately." Your days are so full of worry...it seems out of sorts with your sweet personality. I wish there was something that I could do. I will give you a call tonight after the trio are down. If nothing else, I can be a good listener or certainly don't have any problems filling the silence! Keep your chin up...you have such good support around you. I am glad to see that you had a great Sunday afternoon with friends. Love ya and am thinking about you guys!
Post a Comment