Sunday, February 1, 2009

We know GoKarts

So, while we were pretending we didn't have any kids and enjoying our time in Phoenix, Bill talked me into racing gokarts....actually he insisted while I dragged my feet. And technically, I think these were faster than what the average person think of when they hear 'gokarts'
I didn't think I'd like it. Traveling at fast speeds (40 mph!) with nothing protecting me and knowing I'd probably have people passing me just isn't my idea of fun. But, I'm glad he was persistent....even insisting we wear the goofy 'race suits'

We were the only ones out of 6 or 8 that did...all the funnier!I didn't do TOO badly-I was passed by 3 or 4 drivers I think, but my sweet husband only passed me once where he could have passed me twice. I finished second to last.......not bad since this was the first time I've ever driven these crazy things.

And here we are in our lovely 'head socks'...you know, so we don't pass along head germs and nastiness. Aren't they such a fashion statement?Fast cars....blue polyester...head socks...good times!

3 comments:

The Wades said...

you guys are too cute! What fun that must have been. Sorry your kids weren't there to join you. ;) I kid, I kid. Glad you had solo time. Love

The Wades said...

I forgot to add--the things we do for blogging! :) Love again.

Robin said...

You guys look great in your blue jumpsuits!