Thursday, February 19, 2009
Flashback Friday: I got all my cousins and me
My cousins.....we've spent many a summer together, especially my cousins from California. Now that we're all grown up we don't see each other as often but it was so fun to dig through albums and find these memories. My CA cousins would come and visit us in the summer and we'd go to visit them in CA. For many summers I got to go out there and spend time with them by myself. Now, my cousin Julie and I had a love-hate thing going on that started when we were very small. I was always tryin' to kiss her and she was always trying to back up! I need to find one of the huggy kissy pictures...but for now, here we are as little tikes (do you think Laurel looks like me?!).
Disneyland was a BIG DEAL adventure when we went out to visit....Julie and I loved those characters....apparantly!
Kinda weird to think the lady that played Snow White in this picture is probably like 45-50 years old now.....love the matching corduroys Jul!
One year we had a family reunion and my aunt and cousins from Iowa came all the way to Big Bear Lake, California where my grandparents lived at the time.
Another year, the Iowa cousins came to see us in NM! Aren't we just the picture of beauty?! I know Sandi and I worked long and hard perfecting that face...
Back in the days when we had no dignity....
or hairstyles...although Julie's looks pretty good and Nicki's does too. Me, I was in the process of growing out that REALLY bad haircut from 6th grade.....remember that post?
We would always plan a family picnic at the same beach in CA......Doheny or Dana Point....so fun!
and it was when being seen in a bathing suit didn't bring on nightmares.....
And this last picture always cracks me up. No, we're not holding Nicki's picture for some sad reason, we just had a family reunion and she couldn't be there...I don't remember why...but we had to put her in the cousins picture ONE way or another!
I've got more where these came from! Cousins are the best! We've all got kids now...my how we've grown.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Treat! Love these!!! I think it's really special you guys have these memories of each other growing up. I guess that's all we'll have w/ Tug and Regina's kids. Sad we're not all together.
You were such a cutie. And yes, I think Laurel looks a LOT like you.
i love these flashback pictures...it is so fun!
boy, your cousins are TALL ;)
r
Post a Comment