Saturday, January 10, 2009

I Spy quilts for the kids

For Christmas this year (sorry, you only thought I was done talking about Christmas), my mom gave each of the kids a ziploc bag filled with quilt squares that she cut out herself and told them she would make each of them an I Spy quilt. So many wonderful, interesting, colorful and different squares! She has made one I Spy quilt for all of them already that's known as the 'sick quilt'. Whenever one of them is sick they get to cuddle under the quilt. It is a great quilt!
So, a few days after Christmas they all got the opportunity to look through all the squares in their bags and this is some of what they found...I am SO glad I had our new camera to play with for these photos :-)

Pretty cool stuff!
It will be fun to see the works in progress and knowing Laurel, my mom won't be given much slack...she'll probably ask her everyday until it's done!

4 comments:

The Wades said...

What a great idea. Dare I tell my mother-in-law? I especially like the idea of a sick quilt. That is too cute.

Robin said...

Those quilts will be so cute!

Karen said...

What a great memory! I would love to do something like this.

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! I can't wait to see them completed.