Wednesday, January 14, 2009

27 times in 38 minutes

The number of times I have had to open my back door to come to someone's rescue since 4pm. And it's only 4:38. WHY...WHY...WHY....do siblings get so much out of tormenting one another? Or maybe the better question is why the heck do they torment ME?!

-mom, he took my jump rope
-mom, no I didn't, I was just trying to pick it up to hand it to him
-mom, he's not giving me a turn but he's giving Jacob a turn
-no he's not, I was just handing it to him and it looked like he was giving me a turn
-YOU'RE DRIVING ME CRAZY....find a way to get along out there
-waaaaaahhhhhh, he threw the ball at me on purpose
-no I didn't, I was just trying to hand it to you and your face got in the way
-mom, he took my jump rope
-mom, I wanna ride my bike
-mom, where's my helmet, I wanna do rollerblades
yada, yada, yada..........

Do you see why I'm half crazy and have a permanent half scowl on my face. It's no wonder womens' faces get wrinkles so dang early in life...it's all THEIR fault!

2 comments:

MommyOf1Plus2Plus1 said...

Sounds so familiar! For the little things, the "Mom, she...." "Mom, he...." I reach a point where I have had enough so I get out a box of paper and crayons and tell them with each tattle, instead of telling me, they have to draw it and we'll talk about all of them at a set time. It distracts them with the drawing part and they usually end up goofing around or forget what they were drawing about in the first place.

The Wades said...

amen, sister!