After Bill got the lights up, it was time to decorate. Now, I'm a little bit territorial on how we do it. Me, myself and I (only!) unpack the ornaments and hand them to the kids and they can then hang them or ask the tall guy in the family (daddy) for help. They were vultures I tell ya, couldn't wait to get their hands on the ornaments...I had to beat them off with sticks!!!
I'd share some pictures of them decorating, but Bill was messing with settings while he took some and they all came out a little funky (or he caught me in the background with a really lame looking face).
Our trees (the 'real' tree and a 6 foot artificial one in another room) are decorated with ornaments from my childhood, handmade ornaments from the kids and family, ones we collect for the kids each year, and also ornaments that we purchase each year from our family vacation destination. 
This year we added a starfish ornament from Newport, Oregon and one from the trip Bill and I took to NYC.
And here are the finished projects. Now I need to find the tree skirts.

And by this:
3 comments:
no comment!
actually, just one question. did THAT lot have santa and horses and a gingerbread house???!! ;)
Great looking tree (s)! Love that picture of Luke next to his favorite...what a fun afternoon. We always just go down to the Kiwanna Club...would much rather find one in the forest!
Thanks for your sweet email...feeling much better today as we head into the weekend!
Love the trees. A week from today I'll be enjoying my in-laws trees! Did you link up your post on Kristen's blog?
Post a Comment