Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Eve

Although it was a week ago, Christmas Eve seems like it was nearly 2 weeks ago! We've been busy since then but I still want to share those days! Christmas eve morning we went to my friends house to exchange gifts for the kids. Then back home and I don't remember much else until we got everyone ready for church. We used to go to the children's mass, but in order to get a seat (where we could SEE anything) we would have to get there so early and the kids were beyond help by the end it wasn't very enjoyable. I don't think we've gone to that mass since before Luke and Laurel were born. Now we go to 6pm mass...much more do-able other than they're all hungry by the end, even with eating beforehand.

I had nearly forgotten about a dress we bought for Laurel while we were in New York last January. Luckily I was searching for something in the recesses of our closet and found it (at least I didn't find it the day AFTER Christmas!)!
These look familiar?My parents bought Laurel a beautiful hunter green wool car coat...she looked so cute!Gee, do we look like we're ready for Christmas?
After mass we all managed a smile. Christ is born!

Once back home, we went on with our traditions of the night. They each got to pick a present to open. Eric opened a cool hat (proof of that later), Jacob opened soemthing for his tool kit, Gregory opened chapstick, Laurel opened Little Critter books and Luke opened his Prince Phillip doll....well, Laurel needs to have someone to play princess with). Unfortunately, Prince Phillip was packaged with a broken leg.....here I am trying to fix him.Bill surprised me with a package of my own to open-A Canon SLR camera!!!! Yeehaw!!! He had wrapped up the box and put something heavy in it but he had the camera and took this picture with it as I unwrapped.....sneaky guy.....we have taken WAY too many pictures with it already....like this one-And after the excitement it was on to read our book of choice for December the 24th, The Night Before Christmas. Bill and I read it by trading off every other page.We take entirely too many pictures, but I just love capturing as many moments as I can.

Tonight we are partaking in our New Year's Eve tradition.....ice cream sundaes!! Have a safe and happy one everybody!

1 comment:

The Wades said...

OOOH, I wanna see your new camera! Fun.

Loved all the pix.