We usually get our family picture taken once a year. We go to this amazing professional studio and order......one 8X10....and that's only because we schedule an appointment when they run a sitting special and the picture is included in the fee. Other than that, we could probably afford, oh umm, a wallet size photo? They are so expensive, but we started getting a family picture there when Gregory and Jacob were only tiny babies. This is our 'wall' with photos from this one particular photographer. Hard to tell that they are great pictures so use your imagination!

It's been over a year since we've been (March 07) and they finally ran another special (we just went and picked out our 8X10, so I'll post a 'picture of the picture' when we get it). However, before we knew about it we took everyone over to JC Penney's for a group picture. They have changed to digital photography and I have to say we've been pleasantly surprised! The same girl has worked there since Luke and Laurel were itty bitty and she's taken their pictures many times. So, here are a few of the ones we got there. 


Now, I usually don't go for busy backdrops or enhancements, but the one above seemed to 'go' with the season and the clothing choice. The next one is one she fiddled with as an example. It's kind of cute!
I love this time of year, even with the extra things to do along with everything else. I love getting my card list organized and figuring out what pictures to use for the Christmas card....it's my kind of 'relaxation' as weird as that may sound!!
5 comments:
They turned out really great...nice to know that you can get a good family shot even with triplets in the mix! I haven't had much luck yet getting all three in one shot that looks good...
Is the one of Santa holding the photo going to be your Christmas card? Love it!
Karen
Those turned out great!!!
Cari, great pictures! Thanks for the tip on the Penney's coupon, we used one also for our Christmas cards and are very pleased with ours also! We had a great photographer also at the Cottonwood location and were really pleased with the photos this time! We had stopped going there because of the quality but I think we might become re-offenders :)
Those came out fantastically great! I am so impressed! What a beautiful family you have. :)
what beautiful pictures of such a beautiful family!! i'd have a hard time choosing just one for a christmas card. you may have to go with one of those that you can put several pictures on!
Post a Comment