It has been one of THOSE days........a day when I wonder why in the world I have been entrusted with 5 children. A day when I question my parenting skills, when I wonder if my kids get ANY of the lessons we try to teach them. Let's see, which ones have they failed to learn from today:
1) Don't talk back to mom or dad (really, that's a lesson we should have learned mom?)
2) Keep comments to yourself unless there is something nice about them
3) Think of others before yourself...BIG FAILURE today
4) You must have shoes on outside (it doesn't matter if your socks were dirty already)
5) Be thankful when one of your siblings helps you out (rather than complaining about the ONE thing they didn't do to help you out)
6) If you make a face like that it might stay that way forever
7) Stomping around the house won't change the outcome
8) When you're bored, eating is not the only solution (lesson we should All have learned by now!)
9) Asking 'What are we having for dinner' 52 consecutive times won't change the outcome
10) All five of us crying at the same time will not make mom any calmer while trying to help solve the problem
I mean, really, how normal is this? Growing up an only child, I have entered the world of 'siblings' with blinders on. What do you mean you don't want to play with your brother, why not? Why do you have to argue every day, every 5 minutes? Can't you just get along? Don't they know they are wearing down my guard...or is that the point? I think of it kind of like grinding teeth...sometimes the grinding's not so bad, you can't really even hear it. And other times, the grinding is unnerving, loud, damaging and heard throughout the house (can you we tell we have teeth grinders in our house?) and you just want to shake the child (gently of course) and yell STOP IT, YOU'RE GETTING ON MY NERVES...and you're ruining your teeth!!
BLah......I don't like Wednesdays..the kids come home too early......now who sounds like the whiner :-) Enough of my ode to joy...hope you had a better day!!
2 comments:
Sorry you had such a bad day. Hope Thursday goes better!
Quit the PTA. That's all I can offer as useful advice. ;)
We definitely have days like this--a lot! Hope your Thursday is a whole lot better.
Post a Comment