Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's Tuesday already?

Time has been flying...but I don't think it has anything to do with having fun, only the fact that there are 7 of us going in every direction possible it seems!

Sunday the boys participated in the Raingutter Regatta with their cub scout pack. This includes Eric now since he will be in Tiger scouts this year. Basically, they each got a sailboat kit, made from light weight wood and they sanded them down, painted the boat, attached the sail and rutter and then used all the hot air they had(and that's a lot) to 'sail' their boats down rain gutters. G and J ended up going against one another for the win....I won't say who won, you can use your imagination.
That's Eric on the left

J and G racing each other.

Then the pack had a pool party at an indoor aquatics center. Lots of fun, lots of noise and lots of chlorine..holy cow that pool had some strong chlorine levels goin' on! The place has 2 slides for kids over 40 inches (that includes kids 6 foot tall too) to go down and they emptied into the coldest water!! You can bet you didn't see meo onthose slides, no siree!


Laurel jumping in to Bill

And who can resist that face....well, I'm sure there are plenty out there,but he was just so funny with his big ol' weird smile!

Monday G, J and E went to school for the full day and came home tired and grumpy and somehow incapable of cleaning up their rooms. Funny, I didn't think school took away skills...hmmm......

And today was L and L's first day of preschool and my first day to teach.

I have spent so much time worrying that I couldn't get everything packed into the days but I actually ended up with a few spare minutes that I filled by reading books. I have 8 in my class and they all dug out one for me to read. I had to tell them I couldn't read them all today but I'd finish on Thursday. The kids were introduced to the bible verse 'God called the light day and the darkness He called night'. L and L did really well and actually stayed with their teacher despite seeing me at chapel time with some other child in my lap. Poor Luke is the only boy in the class and he can't understand why he can't go to the girls 'bafroom' too! In time he'll get it!

Well, off to a PTA meeting soon and I need to spend a few minutes trying to creatively think what I can make for dinner before I leave. Yeah, I know, good luck!

1 comment:

The Wades said...

why are you doing pta??? seriously, like you don't have enough going on!

from your track record, i'd say it's a good thing that pool had so much chlorine! ;) CODE BROWN, CODE BROWN. i just got to thinking, it seems there has been a barry present at both code browns you mentioned. hmmmm...

l and l are adorable! love that picture w/ mommy. glad your day went well. only eight kids? that's awesome!

love ya