Friday, August 29, 2008

Flashback Friday

It is truly a miracle I ever got married.......and you'll know why I say this when you see these pictures. Imagine the day.......I'm nearing the end of 5th grade and I get the seriously regrettable idea to cut my hair....SHORT. I have braces, I am tall for my age at the time, however I haven't grown more than an inch since then mind you, and I'm about to enter 6th grade LOOKING LIKE THIS.......mom, why did you let me?.....I'm pretty sure the phrase 'Just say no' had been coined by then.
This is how bad it was-my friend and I were on the bus to girl scout camp and the girl in front of us turns around and asks if we were BOYS (evidently my friend's mom hadn't heard the 'just say no' phrase either)!! And after learning that we were actually girls, she tells us we would have been cute boys. Yeah, that's not damaging to the psyche or anything. So, are you ready for it..the shock and awe factor...drumroll please...

Yep, I got a lot of attention back then...all for the wrong reason........and this is my 6th grade YEARBOOK picture-agh!

Now go on, stop your laughing, I can hear you from here!! Enjoy your weekend and I hope you won't have any nightmares on my account!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, are u kidding me....heheheheheHAHAHAHAHAHA....oh, that was great!! Thanks!! I know I'm sleep deprived, but that woke me up!! Love ya SIS!!!

The Wades said...

I think you look really cute. I'm actually jealoug that is your sixth grade picture. YOu should see mine!!! At least you were a "cute" boy. I was just plain U-G-L-Y!

The Wades said...

^jealous

The Wades said...

I just asked Brooke to guess who you were by only looking at these pictures. She said she didn't know and then she said,"oh wait, it's ms. Cari."

Anonymous said...

Gee, I thought you were cute either way - long or short hair!