Friday, August 8, 2008

Flashback Friday

I know it wasn't thrown away or lost, but for the life of me I can't find our wedding album. And the thing is hard to misplace....it weighs about 20lbs and is about 12 inches thick. Must be in a box somewhere that is buried in a closet but it puzzles me. Good think I'm friends with the mom who bought our house-she would have told me if we left anything behind...3 years ago! Anyhow, despite the fact that our wedding album is ginormous, we still have a box full of all the ones that didn't make the album! I dug out a couple from my bridal portrait session.

Back in the days when tendrels (sp?) in your hair was the thing! I loved my dress and even though it was 88 degrees that day, I don't even think I was hot!! I kept the dress out (in my parents spare closet) for a year and tried it on for our 1st anniversary.....it still fit but I seriously doubt it would zip shut now. No worries, I don't have it lurking in any spare closets. It is cleaned and stuffed somehow into one of those drycleaning wedding gown preservation boxes.

2 comments:

The Wades said...

yeah, that would have fit me when i was in second grade--maybe. it might have been too short.

that is one fancy, pretty dress! you looked awesome! :)

maybe you did leave the dress--she might just like to wear it when she vacuums.

All in a Days work said...

What a gorgeous daughter we have. We have always been so proud of you.