Monday, August 25, 2008

And he's only nine!

*sigh* Oh my, it makes me smile, it makes me a little afraid that time is marching on too fast. As I stand here typing, Gregory is on the phone talking to Catalina-and they've been talking for over 5 minutes while having an actual CONVERSATION! They are talking about school, Harry Potter and the delay of the next movie, pets that they have loved and lost.....it cracks me up how easily the talk flows between them.

They were in first and second grade together-she is now homeschooled, they don't see each other but every couple of months if we're lucky and yet they have this rapport that you sometimes don't even see between some adults! She is sweet and he is smitten, as is Eric...he loves to talk to Catalina too. Jacob, well, he doesn't have much of an opinion, but he tolerates her OK. I'm glad they keep in touch and I hope they always do!

Our last weekend at the lake was so great. We were even sad as we pulled away, all of us looking out at the lake wishing we were out on the boat rather than packed up in a couple of cars. I know how tortured you must be having to look at yet MORE lake pictures, but there are some fun ones I have to post later tonight. I have to make dinner now before the troops start eating the couch!

1 comment:

The Wades said...

so sweet! what a cutie! i wanna see this catalina girl.

i, for one, love to see your lake pictures! :) bring 'em on!