Thursday, July 17, 2008

Poop happens

Today, I decided to try and be a 'fun' mom and take the older 3 to the pool. Although it would seem like a pretty easy decision, I have to then decide..hmmm, do I want to get wet or not? Do I put mascara on and HOPE I don't get wet, more likely splashed by my 9 year olds? Do I curse as I put the swim suit on and hope it covers all the icky parts? Oh yes, I cursed....and got the swimsuit on.

So, we're all dressed, we head to the pool to meet our friend and her daughter..and when we get there the pool is at capacity. However if we waited 30 minutes, a large group of kids (75 of them to be precise) would be leaving and we could then get in. SO we waited...gave us some more time to LIBERALLY apply sunscreen....Bill would have been so proud, and purchase some ring pops at the snack bar ( I just love to buy my kids candy that turn their teeth and mouths weird colors, don't you?).

Eric was having a blast showing off his new swim moves he has learned in lessons, G and J were playing tag with their friend Catalina, whom all my kids adore! She and G hit it off in 1st grade and have been friends ever since. Poor girl gets pulled in 5 different directions when she comes over because they ALL want her to play with them, and she just smiles and goes wherever she is beckoned..sweet girl. Anyway, back to the pool.....we'd been in the pool (I compromised and got half wet) about 45 minutes when all the lifeguards simultaneously blow their whistles and call everyone OUT of the pool. Well, I'm sure you can guess why given the title of this post.....some kid pooped in the pool-eewwww! That was the end of swimming for the day. They shut the pool down and didn't reopen for an hour. Can I just say how glad I am that I wasn't THAT mom..the one that had to tell the lifeguards about the accident and then hurriedly high tail it out of the area before anyone figured out who it was? Poor thing......so I guess we'll try the pool another day!

Yippee!! Bill is on an airplane somewhere over the ocean on his way home! We'll pick him up at the airport tomorrow, love on him a couple days and then he leaves again for a week. Thankfully he'll at least be in the same country as us this time. Never thought I'd be sayin' that one with such ease- 'in the same country as us'? So, if you hear a high pitched squeal, that wold be Laurel happy to see her daddy..she has missed him the most this time.

3 comments:

The Wades said...

where's the picture of the poop???

welcome home, bill!! :)

Robin said...

We've had throw-up and a nose bleed in our pool so far (thankfully not by my kids!) - hate it when that happens.

Unknown said...

Being a lifeguard for too many years to count, we call that incident a "Code Brown" in the industry...