Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Part monkey, part mermaid?

All my kids do things that are pictureworthy, but it seems that lately Laurel has been caught on camera more than the others.

This is her all time favorite past time. We briefly discussed getting her into a class of some sort, ballet or gymnastics....we are leaning more towards ballet, but after seeing her favorite past time, we wonder if maybe gymnastics might be more her thing......
She does this ALL the time..it drives her daddy crazy. She'll hang off of anything! Chairs, the back of the couch, the bathroom sink, her booster seat at the table. She'll be in the middle of doing something with Luke or watching a program and she'll run off to the dining room.....we know exactly what she's doing. Hanging. Making herself red in the face and sweaty ...I guess it takes a lot of, well, something, to hang for that long. Maybe there's a place in the guinness book of world records for 'weirdest habit kept by a 3 year old'. What do you think?

And then there is her LOVE of water, which comes from her daddy, since as a child I wanted NOTHING to do with water. I even had to have a washcloth next to the tub/shower to wipe my face off, boy was I a wimp! She has no qualms about putting her head under water the whole way, jumping off the edge of the pool-no fears! That can be good and also a bit dangerous at the same time.
She is Luke's cheerleader too...she shouted across the pool to me today 'mommy, he put his head underwater'...Luke does not quite share the same enthusiasm for submerging himself, even if only for a nano second. So he gets a thumbs up when he actually gets the whole head wet!

Here he is trying to do the backstroke while keeping his head OUT of the water..now that's talent!Tomorrow I'm off to my first PTA planning meeting-it's a 4 hour one, so I bet I'll learn things I just never knew and hopefully find out that the job I volunteered for doesn't require more than I thought it would!!

No comments: