You know, as the years pass, I have come to the realization that there aren't a whole lot of things Bill can't do. He'll try anything new, solve just about any problem, and rise to any occassion-it's pretty darn buggy sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way (and by the way, the only reason I'm probably phrasing all this nicely instead of in a 'it bugs the heck out of me' way, is because he's out of town and I miss him......a lot.......). SO anyway, the point of all the ego stroking is to set up this.....Bill skiing after only 2 tries...(for the record I got up this time on the first try and stayed up a while too-so much nicer than the water smackin' me in the rear every time I fell last time) and yes, that is a full body wetsuit. The man loves water but doesn't like to be cold....hey, I think I just found one thing he can't do-

.And this is Eric up on skis too!! There are some nifty beginner skis for younger kids to start with and he popped up on them with no problems!! He even started out where he couldn't touch the bottom!

J and G tried too with not quite the same success, but they tried! I sat backwards on the jet ski and after each of them got coached by Papa, Bill would drive the jet ski and they would get pulled up while I held the rope. Worked just fine until J's last try when I actually got pulled into the water...fun fun!
G had fun riding the tube......

Parker had fun too! And he even made nice with my dad. My dad likes Parker but I think he wasn't sure how he'd be at the lake. Let me tell you, Parker made it known that he LOVED the back of my dad's Explorer, and that's all my dad needed to hear! It's all good now.......man's best friend (and car lover)
And this blur would be Bill and G doing 'tricks' on the jetski...basically turning it sharp in order to spray as many of us with water as possible. Boys and their toys, I tell ya'......
We found a secluded little cove so the kids could just play, but the bottom was so muddy, it was like underwater quick sand. Imagine when you eat a really sticky carmel apple and then try to pry your teeth apart? Yep, that's how it was trying to pry our feet off the bottom of the lake! The kids thought it was great fun-making mud, getting dirty and not getting lectured, an A+day in their book.

My mom and dad.....

I am very happy that the kids will have these fun times at the lake. My grandparents had a place at the same lake when I was young, up until I was in the 5th grade and I STILL can remember the smell of the mornings and the sound of the wispy vegetation blowing in the breeze-and of course the lake itself. I was kind of a scaredy cat with lake water for the longest time. It took A LOT of coaxing to get me out of the boat, and if another boat's wake got close enough to rock our boat, I was out of the water faster than you could say Sponge Bob Square Pants! Thankfully all our kids seem to love the water, and all the fun stuff that comes with it!
2 comments:
Looks like fun!!! Makes me want to be in Virginia at Greg's brother's place.
What fun! You got some more great pictures! Parker looks so pretty. He is one good lookin' dog!
Post a Comment