So, Oregon is GREEN!! Misty, rainy, COLD, and most of all BEAUTIFUL......we are in the mountain area close to Mt. Hood and the scenery is amazing. ALhtough there are some fun stories to finish up our Seattle trip, I'll just start from today and fill in later, after all, it is getting dark!!
Today we drove the loop around Mt. Hood, stopping to site see some waterfalls and Mt Hood Ski Bowl, which during the summer months offers lots of fun stuff to do, like golf, alpine slides and lots of other things I can't think of right now. However, the area is still covered in snow, so the kids played in snow. Our clothing has run the gammit of shorts and tees to jeans, boots and winter jackets!
The day started off cloudy, rainy and cold and pretty much ended up that way too, but we did happen to catch anamazing view of Mt Hood with no clouds around it and literally 5 minutes later it was covered again!!
The Multnomah Falls were beautiful! We pulled out the winter jackets and hiked about 3/4 miles up one of the trail heads....if we had continued much farther, the kids were convinced their legs would fall off.....seriously......
Sorry, I forgot to turn this one, just practice that neck exercise I taught you a while back....
We finished the day playing in the snow on Mt Hood. And there was still enough snow that there were some snow boarders (young kids) who paid $10 and they used this pulley rope thing to get themselves a ways up the mountain and then could practice their 'cool moves'........there is so much snow up here !!
Tomorrow we are surprising the kids with a jet boat ride up the Columbia river, should be a fast, exciting trip with a lot more beautiful scenery...so stay tuned!!!
2 comments:
We went to Multnomah Falls last summer during our trip to Oregon! I was excited to see it here. It looks like you guys are having a blast. OH, and thanks for the neck exercises. Love ya
Wow, what AMAZING scenery!! I love to travel and sightsee, so your trip is right up my alley! Hope you continue having lots of fun on the rest of your trip, and thanks for sharing the memories you're making along the way!
Post a Comment