The funniest part of the day happened today at church. Our priest was giving the homily and he was talking about how we are both receivers and transmitters of Christ's love. Here's a brief synopsis of what he said and what happened next:
Fr. Jay: 'So, let's pretend I was a phone salesman and I sold you a phone...you get home, look at it and see that all I sold you was the receiver, what would you do? You'd march back and demand your money back, since obviously you can't transmit any message with just the receiver. Don't you want to be able to transmit Happy Mother's day when you call your mom today? You are going to call your mom today, right?'
Now, we all knew this was a rhetorical question, but leave it to sweet, silly Eric to think he is REALLY asking, and in the 2 seconds of silence before Fr Jay spoke again, Eric piped up and answered his question with a resounding 'RIGHT'!! All 300+ people in the church cracked up and Father Jay liked it too!! Hey, at least he was listening!
Bill called so the kids all got to talk with him and then he called back again on the computer so we all got to see his happy face!! My uncle helped get us set up on Skype, so we can call each other on the computer and see each other-it is so great and a little weird actually! How can he be 7,000ish miles away yet look like he's in his office? I have to say that it made me miss him more not less :-(
3 comments:
I LOVE that Eric story. So so cute!
I told my kids all I wanted yesterday was for them to be kind the whole day. At lease I got the cards they made at school.
We've also done that video chatting. It really is crazy.
Love the last picture!
"least" not lease.
I was correctly MY typo--not anything you put. From the comment on my blog, I am wondering if you think I was correcting you. No way friend, I's so full of mistakes! If blogger didn't have spell check, I'd be in a world of hurt! :)
Post a Comment