Thursday, May 8, 2008

All about a boy named.....

ERIC!! Last night the kids had the Celebration of Children at their school. It is an evening set aside for the kids/classes to display some of the art/learning projects they have been working on the past several months. Several classes usually perform as well. All the kindergarten classes sang She'll be coming round the MOuntain and 5 Green Frogs (the boys also sang this when they were in kindergarten). So, our oh-so-social, gotta be in the middle of it all, I love to be silly, 6 year old suddenly turned on the stage fright last night!! Before the performance he was running around like a mad man, although he did stop to pose with Molly, a little girl he ADORES (and according to her mom, he has also proposed to her 3 times....all righty then).



However, once time came to line up to sing, what did he do? Found the tallest kindergartener to STAND BEHIND....and that kid was tall! See how excited he is, the look just says it all...of course it could have been he was worried that his frog hat was clashing with his shirt....
Bill snuck around and took this little video of him anyways.....


As the video shows, when he thought we couldn't see him, he was having a grand time. They all did a fantastic job. We looked at Gregory's 'China-ology' book...a book all about China. Each student was able to pick whatever topic they wanted..some others were Candy, Soccer...then we checked out the landscape paintings Jacob's class had done-his was really good!! And I'm not just saying that cuz' I'm his mom :-) Last stop at Eric's class..they have done a lot of nice things..




And then it was off to bed where he got the opportunity to sleep in the inflatable pirate ship!! Cute, huh?



Enough already, right?! OK...well, the countdown is on for Bill's departure tomorrow for Israel..that means hourly checks on the internet to make sure there have been no airplane accidents, no civil war outbreak over there....I'm just a nut job when it comes to him travling so far away, although I do think I have improved on my worry wart abilities......I used to check every 30 minutes, hey that's progress, right?!


BYE :-)

No comments: