Sunday, June 10, 2012

Aww, c'mon...another birthday post?? Will they EVER end??

Actually, I have to get through this post and then the boys' 13th birthday post.....THEN I can go back 4 months and start filling in all that I've left out since then!

The birthday party for Luke and Laurel....took place a couple weeks after their birthday, thanks to soccer, an AJO year end concert and Easter!  But it was well worth the wait.  We doubled up Laurel's year end soccer team party with the bday party since they were all coming to the bday party anyway!  We went to this hidden little park and had the whole place to ourselves for nearly 3 hours.  No need to clean my house before AND after a party....the park was perfect!  Add in some fun games-3 legged races, pass the orange, soccer and kickball-along with food and mini cupcakes=perfect day! 

Warning....the only thing to follow is going to be a whole bunch of pictures with few explanations.  I've got to get these birthday posts done!
 Several of the kids decided to play 'chase Jacob on his bicycle', which he got a kick out of!
 The three legged races were pretty popular, especially when we told the kids to go get one of their parents to do a race with them!  Parents had to succumb to peer pressure!  Or kid pressure, not sure which is worse....
  Even Nana, who knew better than to risk life and limb and her back, had to get in on the action!!
These 3 decided to try the 4 legged race!  It didn't last long!
 Then it was cupcake time....it was pretty breezy.  In fact, I think the wind blew Laurel's candles out before she had a chance to blow them out herself!
 Clean up was pretty nice-throw all the trash in a bag and leave it in the park trash cans, load up the gifts and take them home so they could be opened while L and L were paying attention to who gave them what, and leave mother nature to clean up the food crumbs left behind!  Sweet!  I think we might just have to do this kind of party again!
 

No comments: