So much has happened with the family since the last post-Christmas, New Year's concerts, our Disney cruise, scouting events.......it's a bit overwhelming to pick a place to start, so I think I'll start off with our New Year's tradition of banana splits. Typically we enjoy this little tradition on New Year's eve, but this year we were invited to a friends house for dinner and games, so the splits waited for January 1st. Starting the year off on a sweet note for sure! I think we had 5 different ice cream choices and even more toppings!
Bill served as the scooper...only one strong enough to dig into that many different cartons of ice cream!
The preparations continued
and continued
and continued
until at last it was time to DIG IN!
Even Parker and Ruby got a little yummy treat too....Ruby got hers off of Parker's nose!
So, what's next? I'm backing up again to another tradition that was the second year in the making......The Nutcracker Ballet with my friend Autumn and her daughter Lauren. The week between school getting out for break and Christmas arriving, we took the girls to see the ballet. It's so fun to have a girls night!
They wanted to go to the same restaurant we went to last year...Route 66!
Then it was hurry hurry to find a parking spot and then on to our seats. The girls seemed to like looking through the program.....
Another tradition...picking out a Nutcracker to take home and add to the collection!
It was a fun evening of serious and silly all mixed together!OK, still on the list....Christmas, Pine Wood Derby, new instruments and the Disney Cruise! I might be back sometime soon -after all the yearbook deadline is only 4 weeks away! Guess I better go get busy on THAT!
No comments:
Post a Comment