Thursday, November 10, 2011

The longest I've ever been away from this blog!

We are all alive and healthy, but time has not been our friend. No way!  Each day passes by me like the speed of light.  I can't quite get it all done and I feel so terrible about not posting the exciting events on the blog. Years from now the kids will think we fell into a black hole or something when they pick up the blog book and find 2 months missing.  Practically all of September and October I have skipped over and they were such busy months-wow.  And besides that, I still need to finish blogging the end of our sabbatical trip.  I haven't even touched Washington DC's adventures.......agh!

This PTA president job is keeping me very busy, lots of emails, trying my best to be as organized as I can be so that others can be organized and by the time I have a few minutes to actually blog, I have absolutely no desire to do so.  It's like after not blogging for weeks at a time I'm afraid I can't figure out how to write it all down! Coherently.  I'm sure this post is anything but coherent.

Over the course of the last 2 months, the kids have been busy with AJO, getting their team ready to compete in a Robotics competition, competing and coming in first in that competition (the group is now moving on to regionals in Dallas), finishing up merit badges in boy scouts and finding another troop to belong to that fulfills what they need as scouts and we need as a family.  Luke started cub scouts, Eric's soccer team went to 3 practices a week (not happy about that at all-we kind of boycotted the extra third day as it isn't even a competitive team) and also participated in a post season tournament complete with FREEZING cold windy weather, CCD is in full swing with homework to boot, and the last 3 weeks of October were packed with preparing for the elementary school's Fall Festival.  It was a great big success and because I had such a great group of mom's on the committee, no one was stressed out or tearing their hair out...a huge accomplishment by itself!  We got lots of positive feedback and raised a lot of money for the school-whew!

November weekends are filled up already with honor band rehearsal and concert-G and J auditioned and both made the district honor band- which will be followed the next day by finishing up their aviation merit badge.....they get to fly in a personal aircraft (I am VERY anxious/nervous about this part) and also visit the air traffic control tower.  Between the 4 boys, there are scouting activities 3 nights of the week, plus the weekends.  Before I know it, there will be a turkey in the oven and we'll be decorating the Christmas tree and Eric will be turning 10.  Seriously, I wish I could put the brakes on! 

Last weekend our well pump went out, leaving us without water for 2 and a half days. The laundry is out of control, Ruby has been sick the past 2 days with Montezuma's revenge and my sleep has been severely impacted because of it. Cleaning out dog crates of that nastiness is SOOO not fun!  I am behind on the yearbook for school, the kids rooms need to be bulldozed into trash bins and I can't believe we can still function as a family with all this STUFF going on!!  Catharsis is my only option..that and ready made food from Sam's Club!

Next post is going to be pictures only I think.  I'm lucky I got this much into one post.....putting pictures in is asking too much at this point.  I'm off to take Ruby to the vet so we can get her better (so I can sleep through the night!).  Oh and then I get to go to court to dispute a ticket I got here in our little village.  For going over the 'suggested' speed limit, not the legal speed limit.  Thankfully I've never gotten a ticket before and the police officer said it'll more than likely be dismissed.  So why didn't he just give me a warning and save us BOTH time?  Sigh......

No comments: