Wednesday, June 29th
In all honesty, I cannot recall what we did on this day. I have relied heavily on all the photos we took to jog my memory along the way. Well, there are precisely 4 pictures with this date attached to them and I know we did more than that. I'll probably find them on a card somewhere 2 weeks from now.
SO, this should be an easy post. Ummm, we spent the day in NYC. We walked around alot. Ummm, I do remember that there was a whole lot of bathroom searching going on. In fact, I think everyone used the restroom at TD Ameritrade. Really, I did write that with a straight face. TD Ameritrade; located at 99 Wall Street. The boys were working on a personal management merit badge, so Bill took our Disney paper stock shares we own...thank you Auntie K for that wedding gift 16 years ago......and carried them around in our camera back pack so that the kids could witness them being deposited at the TD Waterhouse in NYC.
It was a tough place to find and by the time we got there, well, everyone had to go! Boy, that's really sad that I can remember those details about the day, but not how we spent the 8 hours prior to it!! Apparently the day ended with a bus ride and a great view of the city-
Day 36-much more exciting and a whole lot more pictures!
Currently, Gregory and Jacob marched off to 7th grade today. There was far less apprehension compared to last year, that's for sure! They are changing so much, both in their features and in their abilities and self-confidence. I guess it's rightfully called growing up. From the looks of it-and the measuring of it-this will be the last year that I am taller than they are. Boohoo!
I'm not exactly sure what fashion trend Gregory is living by these days, but he certainly has opinions on what he wants to wear and how he wants to wear it. Black and white plaid shorts with yellow on top...I dunno bud, but hopefully this isn't the first sign of colorblindness! Jacob is just happy to wear something he is comfortable in, especially his footwear. Their day started with a botched school bus pick up-the boys bus stop got forgotten, leaving 8 kids stranded! Bill luckily stayed, waiting to make sure they got on the bus alright. He took them to school, I called the school to find out what happened and then the bus company called me. Come to find out, the bus driver 'got lost'. Are you kidding me, really? And I'm supposed to trust that my kids are taken care of and safe in these situations. Hmm, I think they ought to try harder! And perhaps the bus drivers should PRACTICE their bus route before school starts. What a concept! We'll see what happens on day 2.
1 comment:
I totally agree! There is no excuse for a bus driver to not know where they are going on the first day of school. A trial run would have been nice... :) My boys started school today. I can't wait for them to get home to hear how their day was! I hope yours all had a great first day back!
Post a Comment