June 8th, what would be our second longest day in the car since starting off in May. A really LONG day in the car as we made our way from Titusville all the way up to Petersburg, Virginia, our stopping point on the way to NYC. However, the monotony was broken up by a stop in Brunswick, Georgia. What's in Brunswick? My friend Karen and her cute triplet 2 year old kiddos!!
Karen and I became friends through our blogs about 2 years ago-we talked by phone, by blog and by face book, but meeting face to face was going to be tricky. That is until I told her we’d be driving right on by in June and if she’d be home, we’d stop by! Needless to say we had a super nice visit and meeting in person was so great. The world of the Internet/blogging sure broadens horizons and circle of friends! To be able to walk into her house and feel like I had been there before, to recognize her kids and know them was such a neat experience. And she knew all my kids and Bill too!! Made introductions pretty darn easy!
They had a teeny tiny turtle that the kids loved-
She sent us on our way with boiled peanuts that her husband had made and then the monotonous drive continued. Thank you Karen, can't wait to return the favor when you make it to NM!! We'll send you on your way with green chili!
1 comment:
Cari, I love this! How cool. Looks like they have a beautiful home.
Karen, I'd happily trade green chile for boiled peanuts too! :) Those remind me of my husband's family reunions in Mississippi. Good times.
Post a Comment