Poor Luke cannot find Green. I have searched this house high and low, inside and outside, through laundry hampers both clean and dirty, in cabinets, behind beds, under beds, in back packs and drawers, outside, in the garage and in cars. But no. Cannot find it. And the saddest part is that we think it may have been accidentally thrown away. That hurts just to type that. To think of poor Green in a landfill is about too much for me to handle.
The boys (E and L) and Laurel got a hold of some of those all too familiar Amazon boxes and were playing in their rooms, filling them with blankets and animals and having a blast. Bill cleaned them out at the end of the night and emptied them but the kids dragged them back in....well, I think when Bill took them back out again Green may have been still in the box. Maybe Green is still around here...somewhere, I really really hope so. But it has found the best hiding place EVER, if so.
Green has been missing for 4 days and Luke is sad. I didn't want to tell him it may have been thrown away but I can't explain anymore as to why we can't find it. I dug through a bag of the boys things and found Jacob's old Green....not anywhere near the same, but Luke seems happy enough to let it tide him over until we figure out how to properly replace the real Green. Of course we bought the one super popular Carter's pattern the year we got it.......Hide N' Seek, with 3 animals on it. I've searched EBay and 'Carter's discontinued blankets' online. No luck. I think we're going to have to dig into our reserve blanket stash.
You see, we have a stash of 'same' blankets that we bought to give the kids down the road when they have their own kids. Exact replicas of their favorite childhood blankets-except for Luke's. We couldn't even find a duplicate of it years ago so we picked a blanket that was as close as we could find to his Hide N Seek green. Now I'll have to find a replacement for teh replacement. One thing at a time I suppose.
So soft, warm, cuddly Green, wherever you are, I hope you know how much comfort you brought to Luke and how much

1 comment:
I could absolutely cry. Makes me want to safety pin the girl's lovey's to them.
Post a Comment