Sunday, October 31, 2010

How many events can we cram into a week?

The holiday events have started and it's not even Christmas!  from this point forward, the year just kind of accelerates at warp speed. With 3 grades and 2 schools, the list of responsibilities/torture outings grows quite rapidly.  And our house?  I don't even want to go there.  Put it this way, we haven't been home since Tuesday night, toss in some virus that has now circulated through 6 of us (Eric and Bill came down with it last night), and my house looks like the beginning stages of a garbage dump.  It's bad.

The first event of the week took place Wednesday.  The kids elementary school held a literacy event that is wildly popular....'Scary Stories Night'.  Several classrooms were decorated up and teachers read scary stories.  There was also one non-scary room.  This was the first round of costumes....
Gregory took a moment to find 'his'books at the book fair-
The library holds a raffle for carved pumpkins that families donate.....there were so many creative ones!  We didn't get lucky enough to win one.  Oh well!
One of our favorites was carved by my friend Autumn and her family-
On Thursday night, we got to experience G and J's middle school Halloween carnival.  It was sponsored by the band and choir so the students worked the booths and also put on a concert.  Round 2 of costumes-
The school was JAM PACKED, the games were crazy chaos, the boys were no where to be found, but it was a lot of fun, at least that's what the kids said.  In retrospect, it's always kind of funny to see the things we as parents have to get psyched up about.  The though runs through my head of 'boy, I sure hope that was worth it!'  I know the kids think it was, so that's what counts........obviously!

It was so much fun sitting in the over crowded cafeteria and witnessing the utter craziness of 80plus band students trying to find their seats, pull out their music books, attempt to warm up and then play a piece of music!!  Miles of smiles for both Bill and I.  For beginning band students, they sounded pretty good! Put it this way, we could distinguish the tune being played, there was volume control and they did a great job of following their band director.
Gregory is now in this 'I'm too cool for you to take my picture so I'm going to make wild gestures to convince you not to take my picture'. I told him 'whatever Gregory,good luck with that,I'm still going to take your picture so get used to it!'

Friday was busy-very busy.   We took the kids out of school for a couple hours to go to a fantastic pumpkin patch run by friends of ours for their non-profit horse ranch.  I know,I know, taking them out of school,really? Yes really.  When Bill works one day of the weekend and the other day is taken over by soccer, there are very few options left!  G and J were already out of school for the day.  The Galloping Grace pumpkin patch has so many fun activities!  Tractor races were just one of them-
I can always depend on my friend Michelle to take a great family photo for us.  She's more picture crazy than I am!
 We were on the verge of leaving with our 4 great pumpkins when I had to snap this one-

Whew!  After this I took Luke and Laurel BACK to school for their class party.  Like I said, this has been one busy week!

Laurel and her friend were so cute in their coordinating shirts-by coincidence too!
 The kids enjoyed candy laden self decorated cupcakes, games and the joy of their first class party.

If this is how long it takes to celebrate Halloween, I'm a little worried about Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!  I still have Saturday and Sunday to cover!

1 comment:

The Wades said...

Ahh, we love you guys. Thanks so much for coming by to see us during your crazy week. Your kiddos are so darn cute. :)