Tonight was the first of the lasts to experience with Luke and Laurel. It was their first 'official' visit to the school they will be attending next fall, the same school the boys go to. Tonight was the 'Incoming Kindergarten Open House'. And that marked the last time we'll be invited to that event as parents. The babies of the family are making history.......getting ready for big kid school.
Thankfully it wasn't all that enlightening to them-they've been around that school and in and out the doors for 5 years, coming and going to all their brothers' events. And most of the teacher's know us pretty well too. 'Oh, look, it's another Barry!' Their brothers have set a good example for them to follow...the teachers don't run when they see us coming!
It was a brief trip down memory lane as we walked in to the classroom of the same teacher the boys had for Kindergarten....the teacher that was so supportive of us when all the crazy scary stuff happened when Luke and Laurel were born. She, as well as we, can't believe that the bitty babies are now nearly ready to enter Kindergarten. Sad, mixed with happy, mixed with resignation. The days that I have known for 10 plus years are rapidly coming to an end.
On to other news.....Sam's club with 4 kids is just as nutty as Sam's club with the younger 2 kids. I thought FOR SURE it might be easier with the older two keepin' em' in check. Nope, not really. And how is it I carted around the shopping list for days in my purse and when I got to Sam's club today it was no where to be found? HOW?! Good thing my recall ability still works, I only forgot 2 things!
I think I'm in a camera funk. I haven't been taking many pictures lately, Ididn't even take the camera with me tonight. Tomorrow...there's always tomorrow. Auntie K arrives tomorrow too-that is photo worthy!
1 comment:
Are you trying to get the same Kinder teacher? DId G and J have the same one?? I can't remember now. I do remember you leaving Dennis Chavez about mid year. Is that correct?
They are growing up so fast!
Post a Comment