Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Days Like These

Days like these, the days that start off well and end in dark clouds-days like these make me feel lousy.

Days like these make my heart race and my jaw clench.
Days like these make me short on patience and quick tempered
Days like these lead me to yell at my kids more and send them to bed early, despite the fact that they are trying to be sweet and stay out of the way.
Days like these make me want to spit nails
Days like these leave me feeling like I really don't have my life together completely
Days like these keep me from returning phone calls to a dear friend because I really just don't want to talk to her even though I love her and I haven't talked to her in a week.
Days like these make me want to hurl his pager against a wall every time I hear it's stupid ring
Days like these make me want to give them a piece of my mind
Days like these make me wonder, do they have families too?
Days like these make me want to take the road less traveled, but if I do, all those that are used to seeing me on the other well traveled road will wonder where the heck I am.
Days like these make me want to avoid the room he is in even though it's not really his fault, but I'll act like it is
Days like these make me feel childish and selfish, and yet well earned.
Days like these make me wonder why on earth we had 5 kids. I guess only He knows why.
Days like these make me wish I could have 5 extra hours in the day with the kids asleep so I could run my errands alone.
Days like these make me feel like crying because I am so mad
Days like these make me glower and walk quickly and slam doors
Days like these....days like these.
Days like these remind me how much I love my kids because they try hard to make me happy when they know something is wrong and they ignore my temper tantrums.

I hate days like these. I pray tomorrow is different.

3 comments:

Anne said...

I love your honesty. And I have felt the same way many times. Hang in there. Sending you {hugs}

The Wades said...

My days have been feeling pretty crappy too. I guess it's great that the good out weighs the bad, huh? Love ya.

Karen said...

Everyone has questions just like these. You told me once that I am in the trenches...you are also! Considering Aaron and I just figured out today that our TV is 11 years old already (it seems like we just bought it!) - 18 years will most likely fly by and then we all get one heck of a vacation!!! Hang in there....