Several months ago, my friend Robin invited me to be a part of her Bunco group. I felt pretty darn good getting asked! So, September was my month to host the get together. My kids were getting really tired of hearing me tell them to 'walk through the grass before you step foot in this house' (we live down a dirt road), 'don't use the green bathroom..AT ALL'...ya know, that kind of annoying 'the house is clean, don't mess it up' kind of banter.
Thankfully they were pretty good in helping keep the areas visible to the visitors tidy....the rest of the house, all bets were off! My mom graciously prepared the green chili stew for me...I had asked her for her recipe but it was in her head. She told me to get her the ingredients and she'd make it...yay! I made dessert...cheesecake brownies (Penzey's recipe...SOOOO good). And even more important than the dinner? The snacks at each table!
Table # 1 got M&Ms and chocolate covered almonds....
Table #2 got sunflower seeds, already unshelled, and gummy bears...the good soft chewy ones! Table #3 got Chex Mix and chocolate covered peanuts. Sorry, nothing even remotely healthy, where's the entertainment value in THAT?
Cheerleader piggy sat on the counter with care, in hopes that her Bunco mates soon would be there-
We get to dress the piggy when it's our turn to host....I figured it would go with the new football season! The game is fun...kind of mindless really, but it is sometimes hard to count accurately when we get busy talking or listening to others-oh, and upper math skills are necessary to add a bunch of numbers up at the end.....it's harder than it sounds at the end of an already long day!

For prizes, I bought a bunch of yummy smelling hand lotions/hand soaps/body sprays at Bath and Body Works.....love that store! All in all it was a great night, the house looked nice, the food was enjoyed and no one got majorly lost trying to find my house....always a plus! If you ever get the chance to join a Bunco group, say yes!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you said yes and joined our group. You did a great job hosting!
Will you please tell me what Bunco is??? I feel like its this things every other women on the planet knows how to play and I just act like, "Bunco, yea! I've played that since I was a child!" Help me not be a poser! ;0)
I used to be in a Bunco group. It was fun once I was there, but I dreaded going every time. A whole bunch of the ladies were too fancy for me. My clothes didn't hold up!! They were sweet though.
Glad you had fun. How sweet of your mama to cook for you. Oh, and cute touch with the pig. Fun idea.
Post a Comment