Thursday, August 20, 2009

All the firsts....

Today I sure thought I'd be really excited as the 3 oldest left the house. I think I was until I got home. While I surely am thankful for the peace...until L and L start arguing......I do miss the boys. Why is it that no matter what I look forward, when it finally comes around, it's a bit anti-climatic? I think the house being so quiet only reminds me that a year from now I'll be returning home with no kids in tow....now THAT will be weird.

But for now I celebrate all the firsts this week. Wednesday brought the first day of preschool for Luke, Laurel AND me! They really like their preschool and teacher-thankfully the teacher is not me but the other 4's teacher! We take pictures at the same spot in front of the house, inbetween 2 windows and then in front of the tree, every year when school starts-
And this is my classroom. I share it with another teacher that works Tues/Thurs, so we share some wall space. This shows circle time area
And this is the home loving area...chock full of pretend foods, pots, pans, vacuums, plastic utensils-the birthday balloons on the left are the kids in my class-This shows the dress up area. We started the year with an 'everyday hero' theme with dress up outfits for doctors, police officers, construction worker...that kind of thing. We rotate different themes into the area throughout the year. There are 4 other classrooms that I rotate to throughout the week and they include and art room, block room, library/computer room and a math/science room.. Lots of FUN!And today was the first day of school for the older 3. G and J started 5th grade and E started 2nd grade. 5th grade already? Seriously? I think Jacob has grown like 2 inches since the end of 4th grade.....Parker had to get in on the back to school family photo as well!

Eric had this to say when he saw his desk 'Mom, I have ALWAYS wanted a desk like this'.....more power to you little man, that desk is ALL yours. I hope you learn how to clean it out!Saying good bye to Dad-Catalena was so very nervous this morning. Thankfully she and Jacob sit directly across from each other so I know she was glad about that...now they just have to BEHAVE!And here's Gregory settling in...Jacob had been across the room when I took Catalena's picture.I hope they get off the bus in a good mood.....that will be fortelling! Now I have to decide-should I be productive today or not......hmmm, seeing as this has taken me an hour, it looks like the 'not productive' is winning.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Everyone looks so cute.

How come when school starts for you, you now have time to blog. But when school starts for me, I don't?!

Heather said...

I think you should add a teacher and mom costume to your 'everyday hero' collection.

I'm glad everyone made it successfully through their firsts this week.

The Wades said...

So how was the day? The before pictures sure are adorable. I love Eric hugging Dad goodbye. So very precious.