Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weird Random thought

A weird random thought is about all I can muster tonight. It's been a LONG day. 2 plus hours at the pool in 94 degree weather with 6 children, followed by the aftermath that comes in the late afternoon. Meltdowns.....like dominoes...one after another after another......and THEN we had 3 soccer games to attend this evening. Yep. Luke was GONE. Laurel wasn't far behind.

Bedtime has never looked so good. But never fear. The alarm clock will be up by 6:45 (that would be Luke). Tomorrow we are going swimming at my friend Heidi's house. She's the one that had the ice cold pool a while back. She assures me the water is nice and warm!! So, I'm thinkin' tomorrow night's post could be just as lame. Sorry.

And my random thought? How is it that I can buy a BIG bag of cheese-mozzeralla or monterey jack for instance-and the 'sell by' date stamped on the package says October 2009 -seriously-, yet when I open the package it'll go bad within a week. There's air in the package..I can tell...the package is all plump with it, so is the air in my house bad? In my boys' room, yes, I would totally agree, but I'm not opening the cheese in their room.

I know. There's a logical reason. But the 2 packages of cheese sitting in my fridge waiting to be divided into smaller bags spoke to me. That's all I got tonight folks. Anyone else with a weird random thought?

2 comments:

Robin said...

Ummm, I think you need a nap.

The Wades said...

I agree with that. It annoys. If it's ok to just carve the mold off a big chunk and eat, why does the shredded go bad so fast? Air around the individual shreds??