Thursday, May 21, 2009

Last page of the yearbook

Well, it's here. The last day of school is tomorrow...waa-haa-haa....I think I need a wambulance. Don't get me wrong, I do love spending time with my kids. Just not so many days in a row, week after week after week. It makes grocery shopping tricky and keeping my cool a job....well, a bigger job than usual I guess. God knew the purpose of school...to keep the many sheep of his flock ALIVE!!
The last weeks of school tend to fly by so fast, especially after they yearbooks arrive. It's kind of like 'the sign' that the end is near. We love looking through all the pages to see where we might catch a glimpse of a familiar face. And this year was no exception. I turned in a bunch of pictures and was happy to see some of them scattered throughout the book....and they weren't just of my kids either! Look what graced the very last page.........

Imagine that full page size baby! It seems like a non descript picture, but when put into context and blown up to 8X11, it sure makes you look twice at it! The theme of the yearbook was 'Road to the Future' so this picture fit it pretty well.

I think it's amazing how far yearbooks have come since I was in elementary school. My 5th grade yearbook was in black and white and about 15 pages. The boys' are all color and well over 40 pages. The pages in my yearbook averaged about 8 pictures per page. The boys'? 15, 20, 30...more. It's an expense times 3 at the end of the year (soon to be 5 in another year) but it's an option I am so glad they have. Memories do fade, but thankfully yearbooks and photographs help bring them back in focus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy "Last Day of School"!!! We still have 3 more weeks...

Hugs, Janet

Robin said...

I love that picture!!! Happy summer!

The Wades said...

Great shot. I also have pictures throughout the yearbook. My children and their classmate are very well represented. The yearbook lady told me how much she appreciates all the pictures I turn in.

I was buying one for all in the beginning and then switched to a family yearbook figuring they wouldn't care. Reading this I feel bad I didn't get more.