Fun fun weekend..how could it not be?
On Friday, the boys' school held their annual 'Jog A Thon'. The kids collect pledges for the number of laps they run (or a flat donation) and if enough funds are brought in, our school is able to do one less fund raiser in the fall..very nice. Of course, leading up to Friday, the weather had been cold but clear. What happens on Friday? Rain. How long has it been since it's rained here? A long time. Thankfully all the kids got their running in between showers. I got there in time to see Gregory run but couldn't find Jacob-turns out his class ran early because they had to get to art class. Bummer.

G was concerned about the sun (what?) so he wore his visor.....doof!

E's class ran a while later, so we came back....

Saturday....soccer....in the cold. These two got smart. Jonathon was playing his DS under the blanket so he could see the screen. Jacob found the warm seat!

L and L? They entertained themselves this way-

Rolling down the hill. One of the team families brought sleeping bags so they were going down the hill in them. Kids....they find the simplest joys!

After the soccer games my aunt and I headed back to the twins club sale to help clean up all the 'stuff' that remained. Of course I forgot to take any pictures...one of these sales I will! Thankfully the majority of what fit into the back of a Ford F350 covered truck bed was GONE!! Came home with one box full. That always puts a smile on my face!! Got home to find this in the back yard

Lumberjack Bill decided it was time to take down one of our elm trees. Those things drop the most annoying pods ALL OVER and they take seed and grow in everything. So, they'll be one less tree to make a mess this season.

Of course all the kids wanted to share in the fun.
Later that evening my Grandma came over and we watched Spiderman 3 up on the wall. L and L didn't last long...a planned strategy....

Sunday-more family time. Auntie K spent the day with GG, we cleaned and straightened
up, I think I did about 8 loads of laundry! After dinner we skyped with my cousin Julie in Illinois. She is Aunti K's daughter. My grandma got to see the great grandkids and it was fun. Pretty nutty watching the whole scene as each of my kids wandered in and jumped up to get inthe video frame. The chickens were out in the yard and Laurel hauled one in so Julie and fam could see it! We really aren't the Beverly Hillbillies...no matter what you may think! And if my mom and dad had been in town there would have been 2 more crammed into this picture!

And the weekend ended with G, J and E giving a mini piano recital so they could show Auntie K their newly learned skills. J and E were a bit guarded with their skills.
Have a great week.....
3 comments:
Love seeing pics of my kids on your blog!
Having a great time with my sister. See you Wed.
Oy! I look awful! Was I sleeping (hope, hope)? You gotta stop taking pics of me. I sure had a lot of fun with you all these past 5 days. Hugs and kisses to everyone.
Your boys ROCK! Man, they're so good! Kuddos to them and your mama. I'm so impressed.
Post a Comment