So, although it looks like the boys are practicing some kind of facial graffiti, it is actually part of receiving their award. The cubscouts that are one or two ranks ahead draw the signs of the new ranking on the cubscouts that have earned it. So, for Eric, Gregory drew the signs of the Bobcat on Eric's face (each line has a particular meaning. Don't ask, I'm not that good of a cub scout mom yet to tell you what they all mean...gimme some time!) and then a few of the Webelo II scouts did Jacob and Gregory's paintings.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
2 Webelos and a Bobcat
Yes, it was nearly a week ago, but like I said..time has evaded me the past several days. So, last Friday, the boys received rank awards at their cubscout pack meeting. Gregory and Jacob have completed their Webelos I badge and Eric received his Bobcat badge (I mistakenly said he earned his Bear...that's not til' next year. What do I know, I was a Girl Scout?!) Now why is it when a bunch of boys get together they HAVE to act like all brain cells have leaked out of their ears? Seriously.....I just have to sit there and shake my head as I see my boys laughing hysterically over something I'm not sure I would approve of! It's a whole new world to me.......
So, although it looks like the boys are practicing some kind of facial graffiti, it is actually part of receiving their award. The cubscouts that are one or two ranks ahead draw the signs of the new ranking on the cubscouts that have earned it. So, for Eric, Gregory drew the signs of the Bobcat on Eric's face (each line has a particular meaning. Don't ask, I'm not that good of a cub scout mom yet to tell you what they all mean...gimme some time!) and then a few of the Webelo II scouts did Jacob and Gregory's paintings.


And then they got their badges pinned on their uniforms. Each badge is pinned on upside down and they cannot be turned the right way until a good deed is done (one good deed for Eric, 2 good deeds for G and J).
Gee, do you think he was excited? He just wants to be like his brothers and unfortunately, all they find it is annoying. This sibling rivalry stuff, I tell ya, I need a manual.
And these 2? They didn't go to the meeting (thank you ever so much nana and papa...it would have been painful) but they did get some rocking time with Dad. This is usually my night time job-2 books, then rocking time, but Bill took my seat! The difference between moms and dads? Moms grab the camera, dads don't!! See that chair rail in the background? No? Darn, me either...I was so hoping it was a personal problem......
So, although it looks like the boys are practicing some kind of facial graffiti, it is actually part of receiving their award. The cubscouts that are one or two ranks ahead draw the signs of the new ranking on the cubscouts that have earned it. So, for Eric, Gregory drew the signs of the Bobcat on Eric's face (each line has a particular meaning. Don't ask, I'm not that good of a cub scout mom yet to tell you what they all mean...gimme some time!) and then a few of the Webelo II scouts did Jacob and Gregory's paintings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the face painting! Harrison's pack didn't do that a couple weeks ago when he got his bobcat! I'll have to have a talk with the den leader, aka Daddy!
Congratulations boys!
Post a Comment