Yep, I think we need to stay away from public pools. Today, we were invited to go swimming with our good friends (the ones we went to the drum corps performance with). Of course I said yes and so we piled in and drove the 30 minute drive to pool in their neighborhood. Kids jumped in, we sat at the edge of the pool to chat and then whammo....45 minutes into it, you guessed it......we had to stay out for another poop in the pool episode. Of course, we didn't know exactly what the deal was since the lifeguards took nearly 10 minutes to actually get 'it' out of the pool. I mean really, what is our luck? My friend Kerry, who I hadn't seen in years but did get to see in Phoenix, was a lifeguard for many years and she told me that the lifeguards call that one a 'code brown'...yeah, well, I've seen and heard enough about code brown!! And it was in the deep end for pete's sake...who the heck is swimming in the deep end that can't figure out to poop in the toilet, not in the large PUBLIC swimming pool!?????
So, if you'd like skip out on code brown's, come and swim in our large in ground pool in our backyard and avoid the public pools... BTW we are now accepting donations to build that pool!! Pipe dream, but maybe someday.....
My advice, be aware of floating brown things in the pool, or ones that sit on the bottom of the pool too cuz you just never know!
2 comments:
that will teach you to stop being a fun mom by taking your children swimming! my children have not experienced this problem.
At least they got to swim for a little while! Hurry up and get that pool put it!
Post a Comment