Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th revisited

Did you already forget about the 4th? OK, I'll revisit it then!

At precisely 12:01am on the 4th, Bill got home from Malaysia. Never have I been happier to be at the airport at that late, or early, an hour. I was actually very surprised at how many others were at the airport that night also. There must have been 50 people in the waiting area. Busiest I've seen the airport!! Then, 7 hours later we were up and getting ready to go to the local parade that has become somewhat of a tradition for us to go to. We left later than usual to get to the parade and got better seats after finding a great (secret) parking place!!

Here we are waiting for the parade to start.....

And what a difference 3 years makes. This picture is a favorite of mine, and although the scenery is nowhere near as nice in the most recent above, you can see how much they've all grown, especially the little ones!
We took a little tent for the kids to hang out in but it actually ended up being the candy collection spot, since just about every parade entry threw all kinds of candy! Nothin' better than smashed up mint candies and melt in the wrapper chocolates :-)
L and L posed the same way, I thought it was cute...
Later that evening we went to our friend's house to celebrate with ice cream and fireworks. They are a great family and we get to see a lot of them since all of 3 of their sons are involved with soccer. The youngest plays on Eric's team, the middle one plays on G and J's team and the oldest is our team referee. Their dad is also the assistant coach-and most importantly, their mom is fun to be around too!

It was a fun evening-as you can tell there was just about every outside form of entertainment available.....scooters

Skateboards and bicycles, wagons and fireworks!L and L were instructed NOT TO TOUCH the sparkly end of the sparkler, but as stubborn and all knowing as 3 year olds are, they just had to do it. So, they both got little blisters on their pointer fingers, both right hands. Guess that'll do it for curiosity......

I like this picture-it wasn't how I thought it would turn out when I took it, but I like it better than how it was supposed to come out! The last one is of G in the smoke-

Hope you had a great 4th yourself!!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Sounds like you had a good time with your friends. Do I know them?!

The Wades said...

Good times! I was wondering about that parade. Maybe we'll try it next year.

Glad Bill made it home safely. :)